Thursday, January 16, 2014

BFCA Predictions

BFCA Predictions:

Best Picture: 12 Years As A Slave. I think it's critics love will be consumated with this win.  I could see American Hustle winning, but I doubt it will, at least not here.

Best Director: I think this is Steve McQueen's. If not, Alfonso Cuaron will obviously win.

Best Actor: A race that's looking pretty competitive as of this moment. I'm going to predict Ejiofor, but McConaughey and Dern are hot on his heels and people are putting those two ahead  of him in the real race. However, I think 12 Years will triumph at the critics awards  more then anywhere else this season and I think Ejiofor will easily fall into that mix.

Best Actress::  Cate Blanchett will probably add this sparkling jewel to her crown of critics awards, although she is not as locked up for the Oscar as people seem to think.  I wouldn't know who would win here if she doesn't though. Dench perhaps?

Best Supporting Actor:  Jared Leto.  This category has some room for surprises, but I think he will win here.

Best Supporting Actress:  I would go with Lupita Nyong'o and I think I'll stick with her, although Lawrence, Squib, or even Roberts could surprise her.

Best Original Screenplay: Her, although Nebraska could surprise.

Best Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years As A Slave, I don't think it'll lose this one.

Best Acting Ensemble: I'm hoping August will win here, but I think American Hustle will triumph  here, as it most likely will at the SAGS on sunday as well.

And that's it! I think Sandra Bullock will win Best Actress In An Action Movie for sure though!  "Thoughts On The Oscar Nominations" will be the post after these awards are over! Stay tuned and post your predictions and thoughts here!

No comments:

You Go Olivia Colman!!!!