Sunday, August 19, 2012

Performances I Want To Review and WILL review!

Yes, I've changed my mind again, LOL. But I think I've come to a decision. Here's a list of the performances that I will review in the future!My main goal is to build enough Best Actress reviews to do a straightforward ranking of all the Best Actress winners (Like Fritz did on his blog for B.A and B.S.A) and eventually Best Supporting Actress as well. Any requests for ones I can do first? Or ones I can add? I've thrown in some random ones too, both from Best Actor and from non-nominees.

Brenda Blethyn in Secrets And Lies

Ruth Gordon in Rosemary's Baby

Jeremy Irons in The Reversal Of Fortune/Glenn Close in The Reversal Of Fortune

Anthony Hopkins in The Silence Of The Lambs

Patricia Neal in Hud

Jo Van Fleet in East Of Eden

Natalie Wood in Splendor In The Grass

Daniel Day-Lewis in My Left Foot

Jennifer Jones in The Song Of Bernadette

Marion Cotillard in La Vie En Rose

Julia Roberts in Erin Brokovich

Halle Berry in Monster's Ball

Jessica Lange in Blue Sky

Sissy Spacek in Coal Miner's Daughter

Glenda Jackson in Women In Love

Jane Fonda in Coming Home

Glenda Jackson in A Touch Of Class

Reese Witherspoon in Walk The Line

Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls

Linda Hunt in The Year Of Living Dangerously

Jane Wyman in Johnny Belinda

Jennifer Jones in The Song Of Bernadette

Bette Davis in Jezebel

Greer Garson in Mrs. Miniver

Ginger Rogers in Kitty Foyle

Bette Davis in Dangerous

Kate Winslet in The Reader

Anne Baxter in The Razor's Edge

Meryl Streep in The Iron Lady

Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holliday

Anna Magnani in The Rose Tattoo

Susan Hayward in I Want To live

Linda Hunt in The Year Of Living Dangerously

Grace Kelly in The Country Girl

Joan Crawford in Mildred Pierce

Ruth Gordon in Rosemary's Baby

Holly Hunter in The Piano

Kathy Bates in Misery





5 comments:

Louis Morgan said...

I look forward to your reviews. I personally though would be very interested to see your thoughts on Jeremy Irons.

Fritz said...

Looking forward to this! :-)

joe burns said...

Louis: Thanks! And yes, I really want to see him! I love researching murder trials (Especially the O.J Simpson Case and the Scott Peterson Trial), and the clouse von bulo torial sounds interesting. I also love Glenn Close!

Nues20 said...

So glad you've come to a decision! :)
Just saw Hud for the first time last week so would be interested to read your thoughts on that. :)

joe burns said...

Yes, ha ha!

I've seen Hud before, and I'll watch it again soon!

You Go Olivia Colman!!!!